We help our members:
Get published - however they want to publish be that via an agent/publisher or to self publish
Learn - through workshops and events educating them on the latest developments in the book worldNetwork
Network - connecting people within publishing and to other industries
We curate regular events on topical subjects with insight and practical application online and in London and at book fairs around the world. We also have a vibrant online community of over 400 members and in excess of 5,000 subscribers, who support each other in their business endeavours.
Beyond the events, directory listings, and free tickets, authors will meet other authors at different stages of the writing process and be able to share experiences. Byte The Book is an incredibly supportive community for authors and those working in the publishing industry. Writing is often a solitary pursuit and so connection with other writers, be they established or aspiring, is very valuable. Likewise for publishers or publishing consultants, people often get siloed into particular areas. Our events and community help everyone keep up to date with new developments, ideas and interesting new figures both in publishing and allied creative industries.
Membership benefits include:
- Priority and free entry to our regular events
- Frankfurt Book Fair tickets*
- London Book Fair tickets*
Bologna Book Fair tickets*
- Access to exclusive members' only events*
- Exclusive access to recordings of past online events
- Promotion to our network via our newsletter
- FREE monthly surgery to facilitate introductions and advice to members
- Online promotion via listing in our Directory
- Reduced priced entry to special events such as Workshops and Agent Tables
- Discount to Bookseller Magazine for author members (contact info@bytethebook for code)
- Free one hour tax consultation with HW Fisher
- Members get £100 off the list price of author websites from Bookswarm
- One free ticket to Salon London*
- Opportunities to post on our Noticeboard
- Access to our private LinkedIn and Facebook groups.
*Subject to availability