Posted by Monica Cardenas on 24 May 2022, in Member news, News, Uncategorized
Each month we gather news from our members to share with the network! This is what's happening this month...
Byte The Book member and founder of Bookswarm Simon Thorpe recently launched a new website for Rock the Boat, a children's and YA publisher.
Terri White's Coming Undone memoir will soon be a Netflix series staring Billie Piper. White is a client of Byte The Book member and literary agent Anna Pallai.
Awais Khan, author and Byte The Book member, recorded a program for the BBC on how fiction can help create meaningful social change. It features Deon Meyer and Tina Daheley, and was produced by Simon Richardson. According to BBC it explores how novelists working across popular genres like crime, horror and fantasy are overcoming literary snobbery to get their work the credit it deserves and broaden the definition of what makes truly great writing.
The team over at Infostack is giving away over $500+ in writing and editing software, coaching, $100 in Infostack credit (good towards their amazing bundles for writers), and more. Plus, they’re giving away 10 books on writing every author should own, including:
- The Emotional Craft of Fiction by Donald Maass
- Story Genius by Lisa Cron
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Steering the Craft by Ursula Le Guin
- Wonderbook by Jeff VanderMeer
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- The Artist’s Way by Julia Cameron
- Everybody Writes by Ann Handley
- The Elements Of Style By William Strunk