My motto in life and work is "Meet people, make friends, and help them." Getting to know people is the best way of finding out what makes them tick in terms of goals, ambitions, dreams, interests and life in general. I help people by listening to what they need, suggesting ideas, sending links, making introductions, adding value, and offering relevant products and services, where appropriate. When friends have a problem, I love to help them fix it.
My varied portfolio career means I have knowledge, experience and contacts in many fields. I am an expert in book publishing, media, mentoring, writing, editing, marketing, crowdfunding, sponsorship, social enterprise and commercial start-ups.
I'd love to get to know you better, so I can help you get to where you want to be.
• Book trade professional since 1990
• Consultant Producer, YOU'RE BOOKED! (ITV book series)
• Pioneer, World Book Day UK
• Research Director, StoryCode (online recommendation engine for fiction, featured on BBC TV’s DRAGONS’ DEN)
• Founder, CopyGhosting Publishing Services (editorial, marketing, PR & digital agency)
• Editor & Development Executive, Insight Film Festival
• Founder, Jolabokaflod CIC (promoting Icelandic 'Christmas book flood' tradition)
• Director of Crowdfunding, CrowdPatch CIC: free crowdfunding platform for social enterprise
• Founder, The Wisdom of Coffee: a network for Meetup gatherings & a community that shares best practice about business, enterprise & alternative finance)
• Founder, Smart Crowd Productions: integrated arts, media, business & alternative finance production consultancy
• Director: Corporative Sponsorship, SMGlobal Catwalk, Inc: global fashion events brand
• Head of Media, ArrivalStar: IP holding vehicle for group of related companies providing perpetual green energy solution to a series of pending global environmental crises
• Co-founder, 12R Prizes: solving social issues and commercial problems via sponsored cash-prize comptetions
• Co-founder, Founders and Mentors: networking platform, comprising forum, communities and courses for mentors to help pre-launch founders launch start-ups successfully
• Co-founder, 12Ronnies: hub that provides founders, inventors and creatives a toolkit for launching a startup successfully
• Co-founder, CrowdMall: virtual shopping centre for pre-selling concepts for market validation - "Amazon for everything for everything that doesn't yet exist"
• Chairman, Seeds Creatives (charity): runs the ‘Artist in Your Own Residence’ collaborative network mentoring scheme for creatives in all disciplines
• Director, Arts Centre Group (charity): membership organisation for arts & media professionals
• All-Party Parliamentary Committee for Crowdfunding (chair: Barry Sheerman MP)
* Six published books
* Two books in progress
You can contact me in the following ways:
- Personal: LinkedIn
- CopyGhosting Editorial Services: Web | Facebook | Twitter | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CrowdPatch: Web | Facebook | Twitter | Email: email@example.com
- Insight Film Festival: Web | Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jolabokaflod Book Campaign: Web | Facebook | Twitter | Email: email@example.com
- CrowdMall: Web | Facebook | LinkedIn | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org