September 18, 2019 8:30am
- 10:30 am
at The Groucho Club
It's notoriously difficult for authors to get in front of agents, so we set up our Agent Tables events to enable writers to meet agents in person and get feedback on their work.
Our next Agent Tables event is on Wednesday 18th September at The Groucho Club, Soho, and we are asking for submissions by Tuesday 27th August (see submission guidelines below for you to follow once you have booked your ticket).**
Think, eighteen authors, six agents plus a light breakfast at the Groucho Club, with each author submitting their work first and getting the opportunity to take two of the thirty-six slots on the day to meet privately with two agents each who have read their work
Tickets are £35* for Groucho members, £50* for Byte The Book members and £85* for non-members.
If you're not already a member you can join Byte The Book from £36 a quarter here.
**Ticket price include a light breakfast but exclude booking fee and VAT.
*Submission Guidelines (once you have purchased your tickets)
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following and please include all below in a single document. Also please save the document as your name then title: e.g. JoeBloggsAgentTablesSeptemberByteTheBook.
- A brief personal biography of around 250 words with anything that you feel is relevant to your application
- A synopsis up to 600 words outlining the plot of your novel
- A brief pitch of your novel of up to 250 words, including genre (crime, thriller, literary, commercial women's fiction, SF, etc.)
- First three chapters or equivalent amounting to 8,000-10,000 words
- Please also state what stage you are at - e.g. unfinished/finished manuscript; second draft, etc.
For narrative non-fiction (memoir/biography)
- a brief personal biography of around 400 words with anything you feel is relevant to your submission, including why you are the best person to tell this story and how you might help to promote it - details of your online presence, blog, social media platform, etc
- a pitch of around 250 words telling us why the focus of the biography/memoir makes for an interesting or relevant subject/why this is story that needs to be told
- an outline of around 600 words
- First three chapters or equivalent amounting
- to 8,000-10,000 words
- Please also state what stage you are at - e.g. unfinished/finished
- manuscript, second draft, etc.
For ideas-led/serious non-fiction (science, smart-thinking, health/wellbeing, history, etc.)
- a brief personal biography of up to 400 words with anything you feel is relevant to your submission including why you are qualified to write on this subject and how you might help to promote it - details of your online presence, blog, social media platform, etc
- an overview and outline (including brief chapter breakdown) of the book of 600-800 words.
- Two or three chapters amounting to around 8,000-10,000 words.
We are very grateful to our sponsors for this event:BOOK YOUR PLACE NOW